The government launched the “Jan Samarth” portal on June 6, 2022. The Union Minister of State for Finance, Dr. Bhagwat Kisanrao Karad said so yesterday in a written response to a question to Rajya Sabha.
More specifically, the Minister specified that the main characteristics of the “Jan Samarth” Portal are as follows:
- It brings together all stakeholders including beneficiaries, financial institutions, central/state government agencies and nodal agencies on a single platform
- The candidate will initially have access to 13 programs via a single platform
- Intuitive assistance to applicants to determine grant eligibility
- The best plan for the beneficiary is automatically recommended
- Loan applications are digitally approved based on digital verifications
- Beneficiaries can track the status of their loan applications in real time
The minister also said that the use of the “Jan Samarth” portal by applicants will simplify the loan application and disbursement process as the applicant can upload their application and the rules engine for application approval is integrated. This saves time and effort as applicants can apply for a loan on the portal which is accessible 24/7.
According to the minister, the portal currently hosts loans under 13 government credit-related programs aimed at youth, students, entrepreneurs and farmers, namely education loans, agriculture loans, business loans and livelihood loans.
According to the minister, any applicant/beneficiary can register, check their eligibility under various government programs and seek approval for a digital loan through the Jan Samarth portal.